Monday, June 30, 2014

HAPPY day, ALL is well!

It will be a short, but wonderful e-mail this week.
I received a lot of love through e-mail which needs my attention too!

It was an absolutely SPLENDID, SPECTACULAR, INCREDIBLE week!!!
even without the car, the week went well, we had fun, and on Saturday, I had the best birthday of my life.
Dominique was baptized. I am so so happy. It was a great baptismal service, with so much support for her. We have a truly remarkable ward as far as missionary work goes. They have really reached out and welcomed her, her baptism was no exception- so much love.
Dominique has been really excited, and hardly nervous at all. She was so happy to be baptized. As we sang the closing hymn , I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go, she had tears in her eyes, and looked over and smiled at me.
Probably the most remarkable moment of the weekend was actually her confirmation. The blessing she was given was beautiful, just what she needed. As she went back to her seat, she looked at me and mouthed, "wow!" with the biggest smile radiating from her face. She told us after sacrament that she had felt so strongly and distinctly, the Holy Ghost come over her.
I am so blessed to be a part of her teaching process. We are such good, close friends, partially because she is only six months older than me. I love her so much. I am so excited to continue to see her grow and make covenants in the gospel, and be there for her every step of the way!
Also, what an incredible tender mercy of the Lord to have her baptism be on my birthday. A missionary could not ask for any better gift. She even brought me a balloon- sweet girl.
I am so overwhelmed with how blessed I am to be here, on a mission, in Davenport, Iowa.
This work is the most incredible thing I have ever been a part of. I am actively participating in the salvation of souls! What a blessing, how great a calling, what a miracle with which to be so closely connected each and every day.
These last couple months have been trying to say the least, with all that has gone on at home, but I am beyond words to explain how happy and blessed I am, how much peace and joy are in my soul. I echo the words of the prophet, Alma,

" 9 I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.
 10 And behold, when I see many of my brethren truly penitent, and coming to the Lord their God, then is my soul filled with joy; then do I remember what the Lord has done for me, yea, even that he hath heard my prayer; yea, then do I remember his merciful arm which he extended towards me."

I am helping heal and change not just the souls of those around me, but my own and my family's as well. I cannot imagine anything better.
I know that my Savior, Our redeemer, lives. He and our Father in Heaven, our creator, love us so much, and actively wait to help, inspire, bless, and comfort us. That never ever goes away. Their arms are always extended. I have felt them more in the last year of my life than ever before. They are available to each of us, and all we need do is seek them.
Thank you all, so much, for helping me get here, and stay here. I feel your love and prayers so often. I hope that you feel mine also.

Love you so much!

Sister Monroe
 A package from my sweet cousin, Melanie! Thank you!!!

 Mom's Birthday/4thof July/1 year mark package. Yay!! 

 A super happy, perfect birthday package from my sister Abby.
I was definitely in happy tears over this one. :)

 Look at this mug! Are you kidding me?!

 A gorgeous necklace from my sweet companion!

 A lovely adorable package from my sweet cousin Jen! Thank you so much!

 Brother Ramos (Andy) and Dominique! So happy!

 That's my girl!!! We love her!

Best Friends for eternity!!! Yay! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment