Monday, June 9, 2014

Abide with me!

Hello all.

It has been a good week here. (Pretty sure that I say that almost every week, but it's true, even if a week is just awful and nothing goes right, it's still good, because I am doing the Lord's work, and that is an incredible thing. The blessings are far more than the sacrifice.)

Dominique is still doing well! She has some questions and doubts, but that is very normal for anyone who's learning the gospel, especially when they are doing it alone. The Ramoses have been an incredible blessing though, they help her so much, and she loves them.
I seriously can't tell you how different it is to teach someone who was introduced by members who are already their friends. It makes the process even more beautiful- which I didn't think was possible!
Sarah is doing well also, but has been tough to meet with. She's been pretty busy. However, she is still excited and wants to be baptized. Hopefully we'll be able to meet with her again this week.

This week we had zone training meeting, and a couple days before it, the zone leaders were like, "Sisters, we think it would be so awesome if you two did a musical number!" We told them we'd do it, and by some miracle, we had secured a violin for sister Stahle to play, and found a hymn that would be good just violin and vocal. We practiced for a collective couple of hours, and on Friday, I did the first musical number of my mission. I sang the hymn "Abide With Me!" which if you don't know it, is one of the most beautiful hymns in the hymnbook. I love it. It went really well. The spirit was really strong. I was grateful for the invitation and opportunity to sing.

Early this week, I got a priesthood blessing from our ward mission leader, Bro. Sandford. It was absolutely incredible. I know that my Father in Heaven loves me and is aware of me and my family. He is blessing us more than I can even understand. I am so grateful for my knowledge of him, and of my Savior. I am so privileged to share that with others.

Love you all,
Sister Monroe

No comments:

Post a Comment