Monday, October 27, 2014

More, Savior, Like thee

It has been a really good week. As usual, we worked hard, and did lots of service.
Our investigators have been tricky to get a hold of, but we are still hopeful that we can see them soon. Jesse has been working a ton, and cancelled our last appointment, we haven't talked to him since :( Pray that we will get in contact with him soon! Julie called us back this week and told us she had been in the hospital last week, but she is doing much better now. She also mentioned that Shaquasia has been asking for us to come over again. That little girl is so so prepared. We are planning to see them at least once this week! Pray that it will happen and go well!

This week was fun- on Saturday night, Nauvoo had its annual "Boo-tiful Nauvoo Pumpkin Walk". I didn't get any pictures, because it was dark and crazy crowded- but it's a fun event where they have pumpkins that were carved by volunteers lining the main street on either side. It kicks off with a cool Halloween parade, and then everybody walks around. There's food, games for the kids, etc.  I saw a family from my area in Cedar Falls, and a family from my area in Davenport, so that was fun. :)

Anyway, I have been learning a ton about consecration this week. It has been the focus of my studies and prayers, without me really trying to make it that way. I've been doing my best- especially since I have so little time left- to give myself completely to the work. I want to do my Savior, and Heavenly Father's will in all things- and it's quite beautiful to see the fruits of that effort. I understand now that the more consecrated I am, the happier I am, with the work and with everything else. My favorite scripture about consecration has been this one, it's Doctrine and Covenants 88:67-68

"And if your eye be single to my glory, your whole bodies shall be filled with light, and there shall be no darkness in you; and that body which is filled with light comprehendeth all things Therefore, sanctify yourselves that your minds become single to God, and the days will come that you shall see him;for he will unveil his face unto you, and it shall be in his own time, and in his own way, and according to his own will."

I am so happy and blessed to be serving. I feel so much joy every single day as I do the work of my Savior, and follow the Spirit. The blessings I am receiving equal, and most always exceed the challenges I am experiencing.
I love you all so much.
-Sister Monroe

 My joy and my privilege to serve as a proselyting missionary
in Nauvoo, Carthage, and Hamilton Illinois. Pretty much the greatest thing ever!!

 Last week our district got together in Nauvoo. We went on the "Joseph Smith memorial carriage ride" It was beautiful. This is Sis. Browne, Sis. Nye, me, and Sis. Heathcock.

 This is "Inspiration Point"

 Bet ya didn't know they had horse missionaries in the Nauvoo mission. :)

 A cute Halloween package from my cute mom and her
cute friend, Deanna Pennock- thanks sister pennock! So cute! Haha!

 The sunsets here just keep blowing me away.

Beautiful Nauvoo in the fall is just about my favorite thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment