Monday, October 13, 2014

Transfers and such

Wow! What a week! The work has been  s    l   o   w, but the blessings have been many.
We were not able to meet with Julie and Shaquasia- their family had the flu this week, or Jesse, he was pretty busy. Don't worry though, we'll see them soon, and they will progress. We actually have an appointment to teach him tonight, and we are planning to set a baptismal date. Pray that he will progress toward baptism! :)

We had a really great experience this week, President gave us one-time approval to help clean the temple. It was absolutely incredible. The spirit was just so strong, and there was only faint vacuuming noise. :) I had the incredible opportunity to vacuum the Celestial room, all by myself. It was simply so peaceful, and I could feel so strongly the love of my Heavenly Father as I served him by cleaning his Holy house. When we were done vacuuming that floor, they let us walk through the rooms by ourselves- the same feeling of love, plus an overwhelming feeling of joy came over us both. Also, before we even started cleaning, one of the sisters who works there each night took us all the way up in the tower. I touched the inside of the top metal dome, and the pole where the angel Moroni is attached. I can't fully explain why, but it was just such a profound experience for me.

We had gotten up an hour early that morning and helped at a 5k/10k/half marathon, so we were completely exhausted by the time we got home at 11:30, but it was so so worth it.

I am thoroughly enjoying the fall here, and I am happy to report that we got our call early this morning, from President instead of the assistants, because Sister Jensen is transferring and I have been called to be a trainer. What a wonderful way to spend my last two transfers. I feel extremely trusted of the Lord. How great is my calling! :)

So much peace, so much joy. I am nervous, but mostly excited for the challenges and blessings that will come with being a trainer. I can't wait to help a new missionary get excited and acclimated to this marvelous work, mission, and area. Pray for me!

Love you all so much.
-Sister Monroe

 A sweet little package from my Evvie. :)

 Sometimes when you're a missionary, you sleep really hard,
and you get crazy bedhead. Yup.

 There is something so magical about the temple against a pitch black sky.


I was on cloud nine when we left, see?!

No comments:

Post a Comment