Monday, November 10, 2014

Happiness.

What an eventful week! We've had lots of miracles, and lots of meetings! Today is supposed to be the last warm day like, forever. Goodbye bare legs, hello bazillion layers, tall boots and big coat.

Well, I am so excited to update you all on our investigators. They are doing well!
Last monday night we taught Justin and Haley about the Book of Mormon, and it went really well. At the end of the lesson, we set a baptismal date with them for January 10th! They are both willing to work toward it. They would have to make a few changes, so it's really important that they read, pray, and come to church. Please pray that they will do those things so that they can feel the spirit and grow! I love them a lot, and am really hoping and praying that they will be baptized on Jan 10th, especially since I leave the next week! Ah!!

Tuesday we had interviews with President and Sister Jensen, which I always love, but these ones were especially great. I felt very loved. It is absolutely crazy to think that my next interview will be my last. That night, we were finally able to meet with Julie and Shaquasia again! We asked Bro. Raisor and their 10 year old, Charity to come and teach with us. We also taught them about the Book of Mormon, and it was great. Shaquasia is very prepared to receive the gospel. While Julie hadn't read the pamphlet or given it much thought, Shaquasia had read it, prayed about it, and really feels good. She wants very much to be baptized. We extended a baptismal date to her for December 20th, which she accepted. Julie loves us, and what we teach, but she's not interested in being baptized. The hardest thing is that to get Shaquasia to church, and for her to be baptized, her parents need to be supportive of it. Julie is okay with it, but Dad isn't on board as of right now. Please pray that Shaquasia's parents hearts will be softened and that they will allow her to be baptized on December 20th. She is such a sweet little girl, and has true desire to be baptized.

Thursday we went to Iowa City for a new Trainers and Trainees meeting. It was fun. President and Sister Jensen just trained and counseled us. They talked a lot about companionship unity, and how it makes such a difference in our work. I am grateful for Sister Heathcock. We are really enjoying being together, and it helps everything go so smoothly. I am definitely blessed.

Yesterday we taught relief society. The lesson was on missionary work, so they decided it would be good for us to teach. I just loved it. I realized yesterday that I have a passion for teaching, and if it wasn't for my mission, I never would have understood that. My mission has done infinitely more for me than I ever could've anticipated.

That's it for me this week. I love you all so much!
-Sister Monroe

No comments:

Post a Comment