Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Count your blessings!

Well, it has been a WONDERFUL week for me here in Iowa.
We had a lot of fun happenings.

On Thursday, we had exchanges with Sister England and Sister Cannon. It was awesome. We spent the morning doing service at Paula and Tera's house. They are a really sweet less active mother and daughter, they feed us like once a week, and love us a lot. So, we worked for a few hours, while they made us an amazing lunch over the fire. The great day continued... That evening we all had dinner with the sweetest members, the Despains. (They are the family who had us over on Easter, she's stake RS president) Then, Sister England and I taught the most amazing first lesson I've ever been a part of in my entire life. There is an awesome younger couple in our ward, both RMs, who have been really trying to share the gospel. Brother Ramos has been talking to one of his classmates, Dominique, about the gospel quite a bit, she's had a lot of questions. Well, this week, he invited her to be taught by the missionaries in their home, and she said yes. So, Sister Ramos made dinner, they had her over, and afterward we came and taught the restoration. it was absolutely incredible. Dominique is so very prepared. At the end of the lesson, after she said that she really wants to be baptized, she asked, "So, what do I need to do before I can get baptized? " Are you kidding me?! I was on cloud nine! Investigators don't just ask that! She is so awesome, I am so excited to be teaching her. We're going to set a baptismal date with her tonight!!! Sister England and I were so overjoyed that we definitely cried a little bit on the way home.
This is what missionaries live for, and this is what happens when members listen to the spirit and share the gospel!

On Friday we had zone conference! Woohoo! It was wonderful. There were so many things said that hit me so hard. I love how the spirit can teach each person in a room so many different things from one training. Father in Heaven gives us exactly what we need, all we have to do is seek him.

We taught Sarah again last night- she is doing awesome! We are still working towards July 19th, and everything is going really well. She is so sweet.

I know the Lord is blessing me so much for continuing to work hard despite personal adversity. he is making so many miracles happen, big and small each day, so that I can be happy, and not only that, but so that I can help Him move this work forward. I love being a missionary so much. I cannot believe I've only got 7 more months to be here serving like this. I am just so blessed.

Love you all!
-Sister Monroe
  This is the picture from zone conference. I am just a few heads over from Pres and Sis Jensen, on the left, tucked behind Sister Stahle.

Paula and Tera don't mess around when they feed us. This lunch was so good!
 Sometimes Sister Stahle just makes carpet angels! :)

 Birthday bread! At zone conference they call down everyone who has a birthday between now and the next zone conference, sing to us, and give us cute little bread. :)

 I showed Sis. Stahle where we sometimes take dinner down by the Mississippi- it was even more flooded. So crazy, and gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment