Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Be Still, My Soul

It has been a good week. I was really sick for a couple of days- probably a combination of allergies and stress- which of course turned into a nasty cold and cough. But, we worked really hard, and saw lots of blessings, big and small throughout the week. 
I have been doing my best to throw myself into the work when I am feeling overwhelmed- which is usually fairly successful. There are, of course, still minutes and hours that are hard, but that is good. It's gonna take a while to heal from all the craziness.  
Sister Stahle and I are working great together and get along well! She's a little quirky, in a great way, but so am I, so it's fun. We laugh a lot.

We are teaching a girl, probably in her late twenties, named Sarah. She is so sweet, and so prepared for the gospel. She was basically a self-referrral. 
This week, we had the privilege of taking Sister Jensen out with us for a few hours on Friday night, it was great, and great fun. President was out with the Zone leaders, and we are the closest sisters, so she came to us. (After buying us ice cream and chatting with us for a little bit, ) She went with us to teach Sarah, and it was a really good lesson. We taught about the Plan Of Salvation, and Sister Jensen was able to testify, as a mother, that this knowledge will help Sarah as she raises her little boy.  So awesome. At the end of the lesson, we set a baptismal date with Sarah, she's working toward July 19th!
We are very excited, and she is too! :)

I wish I had more to tell, but it's been a rough couple of weeks. I know the Lord is strengthening me so that I can keep going each day. I am so aware of the love that He and my Heavenly Father have for me. I am also really blessed to have the support of such wonderful family and friends- I appreciate the letters, love, and prayers more than you know. 

Love you so much!
-Sister Monroe

No comments:

Post a Comment