Monday, March 10, 2014

Spring is (hopefully) Springing!!!

This week has been SO GOOD.

We had exchanges this week, Sister Hill and Sister Cannon came up from Cedar Rapids, and it was wonderful to have them. Sister Cannon loved our new apartment. :) I worked with sister cannon for the whole exchange. She had worked with Sister Sumsion last exchange, and my last exchange in Dubuque was with Sister Hill.
We saw a lot of miracles, and had a ton of lessons. It was the best exchange of my mission, seriously. Sister Cannon and I had some really good talks about listening to the Spirit. because I've been studying it a lot lately. For the first time on my mission, we stayed up late talking and laughing. I definitely paid the price for a couple days, but it was fun! :)
 I love exchanges.

We taught not one, but TWO new investigators this week! Their names are Paige, who we met when she was our cashier at walmart, and Summer, who we found on our last exchange. They are both such sweet girls. Paige is our age, just living at home, working so she can go to school soon for culinary arts!!! Summer is married, and has two adorable little girls. We taught each of them the restoration, invited them to study the pamphlet and pray about what we taught. Please pray for them!

Our ward had ward conference this week, which was incredible. Our stake president is an absolute powerhouse. The most incredible thing was that during second hour, we had ward council (which we always attend-so cool), and instead of the usual meeting, President Hodgman just had a discussion with us. He is HUGE on families, so that is a focus of basically all of his talks/comments. It is amazing.

Mick is back!!! We had a great lesson with him this week, and he came to church! He has been feeling "disconnected" from church and God as he has been away, and not reading the book of mormon or attending church. That was the focus of our lesson, and we promised him that if he reads, prays, and comes to church, that the Holy Ghost will be present in his life, and he will be able to receive confirmation of all that he has been learning in this gospel.
Hannah was at church too, and is just amazing. Her countenance has changed so much since we met her. I love it.
Julie is also doing well, she hasn't smoked in almost two weeks, and she's been reading the Book of Mormon. She prays a lot, and has wonderful friends in the ward, which has been instrumental in her transition into the church.
Angie missed church again, but she says she misses it a lot and she knows she needs to come. She's just been having a hard time getting there because of work.

I have had some really incredible, personal experiences with the Spirit and revelation this week. In one of them, there was a moment with a member yesterday that gave me a whole new understanding of Christlike love. I was completely filled with charity for this sister, who I have had a hard time completely loving up to this point. In a few short moments, Father in Heaven touched my heart, and I touched hers. That sounds super generic, but I can't explain it any other way, it was incredible.

I am so grateful to be a missionary, in this mission, at this time, in this area, serving with those who I am. He truly knows each of us, better than we do ourselves.

Love you all,
Sister Monroe
Corinne moved back to Orem on a whim job promotion from her boss. It broke our hearts to have her leave, but I'm so glad she was here for this short time. Sometimes two people have to go to IOWA to meet each other so they can be friends forever! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment