Monday, March 17, 2014

I love to see the temple!

So...
We went to the temple on Tuesday!!! It was the most incredible trip. I love the temple so much, and have had many wonderful experiences there, but I have to say that this was the best yet.
The reason we got to go, and one of the things that made it so great, was that Sister Dunigan got to go after a few years of inactivity in the church, in very small part- but directly because of work that I did. I am so blessed, and was thrilled to see her enjoying the blessings of the temple again.
Another reason it was so great, my dear sweet mama Reynolds came from Dubuque to be at the same session as me. It was absolutely wonderful. I was in pure awe and joy, as I realized that this is what the life after this will be like. We will be reunited with people who we loved dearly. It was just the smallest taste for me of what Heavenly Father's plan really has in store for us, because I've only known mama Reynolds for a short time, and been separated form her for only months, but seeing and talking with her again was just an amazing blessing. I love her SO much. She even brought Sister Graham with her, who I also love and missed. Best day ever.
It was also such a great blessing to go to the temple with Sister Sumsion as my companion. I love her a whole lot, and we are so close. It just made the over all experience even better.
I think that the overall feeling that made this one trip- these few hours- so sacred to me was how much love I felt, both from others, and for others.
Sometimes you have to move all the way to Iowa so that Heavenly Father can introduce you to your friends. He is so aware of me, and each of us. I know that this is exactly where I am supposed to be right now, and this was all again confirmed to me on Tuesday. Sister Sumsion and I were filled with pure joy for days. I will treasure that trip to Nauvoo for the rest of my life.

We had Zone Training the next day, and it was really great. Our missionary meetings ALWAYS provide me with the revelation that I need to be a little better, more effective, and more able to teach. I love it.

Hannah is doing incredible. She has come so far, spiritually in the short couple months since we met her. This Sunday, we will accompany her to receive her Patriarchal Blessing. She is so excited, as are we, and last night she sent us the sweetest text thanking us for all that we had done for her, and for being her friends. Again, I feel so blessed. I know that Heavenly Father is working with His children, through me.

Mick, Angie, and Julie are doing well. We love them, and are just trying to help them adjust and stay active.

We have been working with the Elders to "team teach" a woman named Ashley, who lives a couple buildings over in our apartment complex. She is struggling a lot with a busy, overwhelming life, but is so excited to be a part of this gospel. We were able to spend some time with her this week, just helping out around her house and talking with her. She is incredibly strong, and we are excited to see how this gospel will change her life.

A few others we are working with, Ruth, Paige, Summer & her daughter Jayden, Jessica, and Zach. They are all doing good. If you can, please pray that they will progress in the gospel.

Thank you for your prayers and support. I am feeling so loved and watched over, and have seen a lot of tender mercies in my daily life. I know that those come, in part, because if the faith and prayers of my loved ones. Thank you.

We will be celebrating St. Patricks day with a bit of laser tag today... so excited. I love being a missionary! Haha. :)

Love,
Sister Monroe
 We were at Ashley's on "pi day" so naturally, the elders dropped by with some pie. They couldn't come in, so they stood at the door and served it to us, which was pretty funny. Luckily, no one got hurt. Ashley is funny and did not want to be in the picture. Haha.

 Sister Graham and Sister Reynolds. I love them so much.
And I love the temple so much. It was basically just my favorite day ever.

 MAMA REYNOLDS!!!!!

Froyo and a lesson with Hannah! Both so good! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment