Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas Miracles!

Well, hello my sweet family and friends!

It has been another wonderful week here in Cedar Falls. I feel so blessed to be serving here, and I do hope I can stay! Of course I will go wherever the Lord calls me, though. We will find out what's happening today. Sister Boone has been here 6 months, so it looks like she will most likely be transferred and I will stay, but we just never know!

My Christmas was just amazing. I wasn't homesick, sad, or lonely, even for a second! It is incredible how much joy we can have when the source of it is Our Savior! We spent the day visiting and eating with members, and saw Angie. The best part of the day was definitely talking to my family. I was so happy to see everyone, what a blessing modern technology is!

The extra exciting news of the week- Angie was baptized- exactly 7 years and 2 weeks to the day she began investigating! It was a great day. Sister Boone and I got up, ready, and headed to the church to make breakfast for Angie, Wayne, and Julie. We made waffles and eggs, it was pretty great. After breakfast, Angie got changed, we took pictures, and then had a wonderful service! The members who have been fellow shipping her were so kind, and brought the spirit so strong as they spoke and bore testimony. Angie was very touched by the love that she felt from people who hardly know her, and expressed to us so many times just how grateful she was for them. Member involvement makes a world of difference! She was pretty nervous leading up to her baptism, but said she felt great afterward. She was also confirmed at the service, because we knew that she would be with her family the next day for their annual Christmas celebration. Her confirmation was great as well, and included so many blessings and a lot of counsel that were just for her. We are so excited for her, and proud of this decision she made. It is incredible to think of the many blessings that will finally be able to come to her as a member of the church! Pray that she will remain strong and active.

Our teaching pool has shrunk in the best way, so it looks like we'll be doing some nice tracting in this freezing winter weather over the next few weeks. (it's -9 today, plus a nice little wind chill) Please pray for us that we will be able to stay safe and warm, and find those in our area who are prepared to receive us and the gospel! I know there are many.

I love you all so much. I have received so many cards, letters, and little gifts over the last couple of weeks. I feel very blessed, loved, and am grateful for the support! Thank you thank you thank you. :)

Love,
Sister Alex Monroe
 My Grinch-panion. :)

 Christmas eve pizza- yeah, we love pizza.

 Our cute little tree

 My gift from Sis. Boone, I love it. (We just picked out something we wanted and
bought it for each other- there's no secret gifting when you're together 24/7)

 My first white Christmas. It snowed all day long. 

 Our district. We're kind of ridiculous.

 Little Angie all ready for her baptism! :)

 Bro. Gabel (a ward member who Angie asked to baptize and
confirm her), Angie, me, and Sis. Boone.

Bro. Gabel and Angie.

No comments:

Post a Comment