Monday, October 7, 2013

Let us All Press On!

Well, Hi all!
Let me tell you, this week has been GREAT. If General conference wasn't enough- we had an incredibly productive week as the work goes... we got a new investigator- Shannon Armstrong's sister, Lacey! Shannon was telling us the other day about how Lacey has been thinking about joining the Jehovah's Witnesses, and told us that she doesn't have a testimony of their beliefs. As her sister she was worried about her, so she told us we should go visit her, and see if she's interested in being taught. (I love that even though Shannon has her own doubts about the gospel, she recognizes that it is important and brings a lot of joy to people's lives. Incredible, right? all she needs is to figure out how and why it applies to her! She'll get there, one day.) We were able to contact Lacey, and then teach her, and invite her to be baptized. It went well, she has a LOT of questions, but it keeps her involved in the lesson. Lacey is so sweet, and is a lot like Shannon, except she does have more faith, which is a big deal. Hopefully, that makes the difference. She said that if she came to know that this was the true gospel and church, she would be baptized. Can you imagine how huge that would be for Shannon if her sister got baptized?! Um, yeah, I think the lord has a plan here, If we can just do our part as missionaries great things are going to happen. We are very hopeful for her.

Greta has been hard to catch. She's got a lot of things going on in her life right now but we contact her as often as possible, she is doing well- just not progressing!

I absolutely loved conference. If you didn't watch all the sessions- do it! This conference was so incredible. Every talk was packed full of revelation and guidance! Let me tell you one of the coolest things ever- you know how in almost every prayer offered in conference, they bless the missionaries? I have NEVER felt the power of a prayer like that before. The feeling that encompassed me was almost palpable. When nearly every active member of this church joins in a prayer for you- your world changes. I am so blessed to be a missionary, I can't even count the ways.

Last night, after the last session, we ate dinner with the Reynolds. (The family we live with.) Sister Reynolds had mentioned when we got here, that she makes these really good pies from scratch around the holidays. Then, last week when she realized that one of us won't be here for the holidays, (a thought that brings her to tears, she loves us so much, and I love her too) she decided that she HAD to make us pie, and what better to make with pie than a THANKSGIVING FEAST. So, yes, she made one. Seriously, this lady is amazing. It was a wonderful way to finish out the week.

We are anxiously awaiting our phone call from president to find out what transfers will look like for us. One of us will definitely satay here, and one will leave. We just have no idea who has to pack or if we'll be training or opening a new area, etc. The suspense is killing me.

I am excited to see what the Lord has in store for us this week. Pray for Lacey that she will read and pray about the Book of Mormon, please! Thank you for your continual support, everyone.

All my love,
Sister Alex Monroe

 Coolest striped rose we saw while tracting- yes, we
knocked on her door and told her how much we liked it.
 I just love Dubuque- look how gorgeous it is!
 A package from my sister, Abby! This was such a highlight of my week.
My district! They are so great- I can't even tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment