Monday, November 17, 2014

I'll be homeward bound in time...

(The title is from this song, I have no idea what its from, but it's called "homeward bound" and the motab does this really gorgeous version of it that has taken on a ton of meaning for me about my mission. Y'all should look it up. )

Wow. nine weeks, is that all?? Not that I'm counting, because I'm really not, but wow! I cannot believe it!

Not a lot has happened here this week. I still just love this area and my companion. The temple opens back up this week, so that's really exciting! Shaquasia is doing awesome, she has been reading the book of mormon and praying and she feels really good about it. It's just sad, because Julie hasn't read anything, not that she doesn't want to, she just hasn't, and her husband is still not okay with Shaquasia being baptized. We could really use your prayers on this one. We are really hoping and praying for Julie and Donny's hearts to soften. Shaquasia is so excited about the gospel, and she really wants to be baptized,but it's confusing for her that her parents say no.

Justin and Haley are well. We couldn't see them this week, they went to Iowa City on Monday to meet Justin's new Nephew. We are meeting with them tonight though, and are praying that it will go well. They really need to be reading from the Book of Mormon and praying about it, and they need to come to church, which they haven't yet. Please pray that they will keep their commitments and progress!

This week was fun. On Thursday, we went to a Mission Tour in Iowa City. Elder Craig Cardon of the Seventy and his wife came to speak to our mission. It was really incredible. I received a lot of revelation, as I always seem to at mission meetings- I will seriously miss that. At lunch, President and Sister Jensen sat at our table. I love them, they are so sweet and funny. I feel so blessed to serve with them.

A pretty wonderful thing did happen this week. About a month ago while Sister jensen and I were painting old ladies nails, I met this less- active fairly recent convert who just moved to Carthage. She was interviewing for a job at the nursing home. I chatted with her but then she got whisked away for her interview before I could get any of her information, or even her name. Anyway, She showed up to church on Sunday. So awesome!!!
We are excited to start working with her, she is really sweet.

That's it for us. Hopefully I'll have more good news for you all next week.
Love you so much!
-Sister Monroe

Mission Tour with Elder Cardon! We are on the left side, second row. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment