Monday, September 22, 2014

News from the Field

My, oh my, what a week it's been! The work right now is seriously slow- the Shallenbergers will be the death of me, because I love them so much, and because after the most real, spiritually exhausting lesson of my life with Carolyn, they skipped out on church again. Gah, everyone just needs to go to church! Haha. It's okay though, we'll get them there. Not too much has changed with them, keep praying for them please!

Sister Jensen and I have been having a lot of fun. This week, we found a panini maker in our apartment, a member gave us a giant whiteboard, 7 strings of multi-color Christmas lights, and a revolving, color changing fiber optic Christmas tree- they were just getting rid of them! :) We also got a sweet package from Sister Jensen's last companion's mom! People are so kind. (that's the above photo)

Oh, we did have a miracle, one of the recent converts we have been working with who hasn't been to the temple yet because of not paying tithing, paid her tithing!!! Hooray for keeping the commandments!

Also, we had zone conference this week, and it was wonderful. Just the spiritual boost I needed- as zone conference always is.

I am at a loss of what to share with you all. I am learning so so much, and I just can't explain it! I will tell you though, that we are doing a mission fast this saturday, to know how we can better use the book of mormon. In preparation, we are studying strictly the book of mormon, and ch. 5 of preach my gospel in our personal studies this week. I am excited to once again strengthen my testimony of the divinity of the book of mormon, because I love it. I have been hitting a spiritual wall lately as I am studying it for the 4th time on my mission, and I know this week and the fast will push me through that. I can't wait.

Well, I love you all so much. I know with all of my heart and soul that this gospel is true- I know it more strongly each day. Thank you for supporting me on this journey.

-Sister Monroe

 Sister Jensen fell asleep literally in the middle of our nightly planning session.
One second we were talking, the next she was out cold.
Missionary work is the best, and it's incredibly exhausting. :)

 It's the most beautiful time of the year! :)

 You better believe we went again this morning.

 What a beautiful place.


No comments:

Post a Comment