Monday, April 14, 2014

Illnesses, Interviews and Interrupted spring!

This sure was a fun week.
As foreshadowed, my week unfortunately started with sickness. I came down (in a matter of like 2 hours) with an awful case of cold/cough/sore throat/sinus congestion. The mission nurse told me I was not only unsuitable for working, but also contagious. Our Tuesday and Wednesday were spent inside. But, we made the best of it.
After two days in, we had interviews with President and Sister Jensen, wonderful as usual. I felt very strongly, as confirmed to me by both of them in our interviews, that I am in this area, district, and zone for some very specific reasons. I know I will be blessed to be an instrument in the Lord's hands to work miracles here.
That night, our Sister Training leaders, Sisters Dixon and England arrived so that we could have a full day exchange on Friday. It was great to have them. Sister Dixon is my mission grandma, as she trained my trainer, Sis. Oman. She also trained Sis. Stephens, making her my aunt. We had a nice little family reunion. :) It was a good exchange, and I was really glad to get to know our STLs better, as I had never really met either of them.
The weather this week was gorgeous... until yesterday and today. we had a few wonderful spring days, one summery hot day, then a rainy, sticky, humid one, and now... a light snowfall. Gah! I want spring back, to stay for a little while! Haha.

Well, the work is still slow here. We have a lot of great plans this week and month, so I know that we will start to see miracles soon! For now, you can pray for Mike. He is our only investigator. he is a great, humble, former catholic. He is married to a less- active sister in our ward. He is not progressing at all, but he is willing to learn. Pray that he will read the book of mormon and feel the spirit of it!

I hope you lovely people have a great easter week. What a great opportunity to celebrate my Savior by serving him. I love it so much.
From Iowa with love,
Sister Monroe

No comments:

Post a Comment