Monday, April 21, 2014

Daffodils, Easter and Brazil

So, I don't have much time, or too much to say, but this week was great!
Spring is actually- in real life- here! There are flowers and trees blooming everywhere, and the weather is absolutely perfect. I was extra grateful for such nice temperatures since we didn't have the car. I had almost lost all faith that ideal weather, and living plants existed, but after a long, freezing, miserable winter, I am so happy to see a real spring.

Easter was wonderful. We had a nice dinner with the Despain family. They always take such good care of us. Members make such a difference in how much you love your area. Afterward, the bishops family showed up and all the kids had an egg hunt. We shared an Easter scripture with both families before heading home for the night. It was lovely.

The night ended with a wonderful- and very unexpected phone call from President Jensen. I answered, and he asked how my Easter was, how I was liking Davenport, etc. Then he asked if he could talk to sister Stephens. We were all about freaking out at this point, because President doesn't just call... Well, after a year long wait, Sister Stephens got her visa... She's going to BRAZIL!!!!!! So exciting, and crazy. She leaves us next Monday, on which day we will be driving her to Iowa City, so don't be surprised if/when we don't e-mail until Tuesday or something... :)

I will miss her a lot. It's crazy how you can come to love someone in such a short time. Missions- they're so awesome. I am so excited to see what the rest of my mission holds. I'm liking Davenport more and more. It's crazy to think I could only have one more area!
I hope you all have a wonderful week. Don't forget about Christ just because Easter is over! He LIVES- and loves us more than we understand!

Love you!
-Sister Monroe
 Sister King buried Sister Stephens and I in balloons.

 We celebrated Sister King's birthday this week! Streamers, balloons, cake, the whole deal.
She was pretty excited. It was a good day. :)

 Easter!!!

Sweet little easter "basket" from Sister Despain. :) Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment