Monday, September 9, 2013

I Know that my Redeemer Lives!

So, hello all!
This week was great! Our lessons and plans were definitely not what we expected, but it was fantastic! Let me tell you about it:

The Armstrongs are doing well, but still just the same. We did make a lot of progress with Shannon this week though. They had cancelled because Aaron had to work late, and didn't text us back when we tried to re-schedule by text, so we dropped in that evening anyway. Haha. Aaron was asleep (they had also requested that he go in at 2 the next morning, so he came home and went straight to bed), but we had a really good visit with Shannon. She "admitted" to us that she is really struggling to believe in Christ. Hello- you cannot get an answer about the Restoration, church, tithing, or any of that without a testimony of Christ! No wonder she's been having a hard time receiving/ recognizing answers! The next night, we had a lesson just about that, we watched Finding Faith in Christ with them, and had am incredible discussion about faith, and how to gain it, how important it is, etc. Whether they recognized it or not, the Spirit was very present and strong during that visit. I am so grateful for that. They are having trouble keeping the commitment to read the Book of Mormon, so pray that they will. Tithing is still an issue, but they both need testimonies of other things first, so pray for increased faith!

Greta is doing well, we saw her a few times this week, but were only able to teach her once, and it was very interesting. We had planned to teach the plan of salvation, and she was so resistant. It was shocking because she is such an open person, and is very excited and interested in learning more about the gospel. The lesson was about to become bible bashing, and she told us we don't represent Christ, that we're just out to baptize as many as we can. Sounds like all hope is lost, right? Nope. My spirit was so furious as she told me that  didn't represent the Savior. I said a prayer and asked Heavenly Father to help me, and then proceeded to bear an incredibly powerful testimony. I don't even remember a lot of what I said, but I could feel the Savior there with me, and she felt it too. She still loves us, is grateful for our service, and wants to be taught, so all is well! It was/is a miracle. She has not read any of the Book of Mormon yet, so please pray that she will, and feel of it's truth. Pray for her to be open as we teach. She is such an incredible lady, and Satan is working so hard to stop her from progressing.

It has been a very good week for me. last week, I began studying the New Testament in addition to my Book of Mormon study every day, and I love it.
I feel closer to my savior each day. This gospel is such a blessing. I cannot believe how much I took it for granted my whole life. I cannot thank my Heavenly Father enough for this privilege to personally testify of Christ each day. If you want to have an incredible study, read Matthew 12, and Mormon 7 one after the other, and write down what you learn about the Savior and His gospel. Sorry- I know- missionary mentality, but seriously, it is amazing!

I love you all! Keep praying for me. I don't know what it would be like if you didn't!  Also, please pray for me to sleep well if you would. I can count on one hand the nights I have slept a full, restful, 8 hours since I left. Have a great week, and write a missionary!
- Sister Monroe

Some pics from the week:
 We got ice cream a couple p-days ago in honor of my favorite cousin's birthday.
That's you, Jennifer! :)
 Sister Whipple and I - we love each other. We met on Facebook before we came out, and were in separate mtc zones, but are serving in the same district. She is so funny!
 I made Sis. Oman and I breakfast yesterday (Sunday)
 We got really tired/bored walking yesterday, and the best way to remedy that is a spontaneous, ridiculous picture! :)
They have hibiscus' everywhere here! Apparently they grow really well in the humidity, just like Hawaii. Isn't this purple one gorgeous?

No comments:

Post a Comment