Monday, February 3, 2014

Exchanges, and other stuff...

This week was a little crazy! But, of course, I love it that way.

Julie is doing great. She had a minor setback with smoking this week due to a stressful family emergency, but she quit again a day later and is doing amazing. We were talking to her on the phone Saturday about her baptism and how we want to introduce her to people in her ward, and she kept telling us how excited she was and how she knows that the Lord is helping her. She said (about not smoking) "I know I'm gonna make it, because I have faith. I just want it to be the 15th already!"
Her faith in the Savior gives me added perspective, and I am so overjoyed to see how far she has come. We just pray at this point that she will be able to stay clean and get adjusted to her ward before her baptism. So far, so good.

We were able to see Hannah again, the miracle less active I told you about, and we taught the restoration. We spent most of the time talking about how much Heavenly Father knows and loves us, because she struggles to see that. It was an incredible lesson though, and we are so glad to have met her. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to get a hold of her since then. Pray that we will. We already love her so much, and she needs the Gospel in her life.

We had exchanges with our Sister Training Leaders on Thursday and Friday. (This happens once a transfer.) Exchanges are known to bring miracles, and more than anything this time, they brought revelation which I am still mulling over, and learning from. I was able to spend the exchange with Sister Egbert, who I love. We met on Facebook before our mission, and were in the same MTC district. She will likely transfer out of the area in a couple of weeks, so we treasured the time together, because this is probably the closest we'll get to being companions. Over the course of the exchange, we talked a lot about how our own fears and insecurities can get in the way of the spirit guiding us, but that we can lay those things on the altar of sacrifice and move forward. I have grown so much through my mission, but learning to give all of my weaknesses to my Savior is a life long process. I am so grateful to know that I can do it though, that is knowledge that I would be lost without. I know that using the atonement of Christ to become perfect and rely on the spirit to guide and comfort us is something that is so important to teach our investigators. I know that because I'm currently experiencing it, I'll be a more capable teacher.

We were grounded a couple of times this week, but not hardly as much as the last few weeks, so that is nice. It has been cold, but I am doing great. The work moves forward!

I so appreciate all the prayers- know that I feel and need them.
Love, Sister Monroe
 We road-tripped to an outlying town in our area on exchanges, it was so fun.

 I just love her!

 Sisters Sumsion, Cannon, and Egbert. They are all so silly. :)

 We love exchanges- and self-timer photos!

An adorable valentines day package. Thanks mom! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment